List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    [webkit-dev] [Feature] Selection and copy & paste across shadow boundaries
From:       Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa () webkit ! org>
Date:       2018-10-02 9:20:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello WebKittens,

I've added the support for selecting content across shadow DOM boundaries
in https://trac.webkit.org/r236519, and adding the support for copying &
pasting content with such a selection in https://webkit.org/b/157443.
Chrome more or less supports a similar behavior.

While I've done my due diligence to test as much as possible, if you're
about to branch or otherwise ship your WebKit port as a product, you may
want to make sure SelectionAcrossShadowBoundaries internal debug feature is
disabled in your branch.

- R. Niwa