On 28-Aug-09, at 9:26 AM, Peter Kasting wrote:

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM, George Staikos <staikos@kde.org> wrote:
The development of Iris Browser for Windows CE has been suspended, but we still plan to contribute to WebKit as a project and this does not preclude working on code specific to a given port.  I think there is clearly enough interest in the Windows CE port to keep it around, and the impact on the tree is really not that big.  The more intrusive changes that were done by Torch Mobile were specific to certain classes of features, really.  I see no reason to pull it out.

I'm not opposed to leaving things in.  I am curious as to the future of certain specific features.  For example, the WinCE port as written had a lot of Image system changes, and while I don't think they would have landed as-is, they were prompting discussion about how to redesign some of the Image subsystem to accommodate them.  If we're still hoping to land these changes (in some form) it imposes a different set of design constraints than if we're not.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

   I think we'd like to see those features go in.  They're generically useful.  I don't necessarily disagree with refactoring of it either.

--
George Staikos
Torch Mobile Inc.