On 19-May-09, at 10:45 AM, Darin Adler wrote: > On May 18, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Adam Roben wrote: > >> We do something like this for Node::isSVGElement and >> Node::isWMLElement already, so there is precedent. > > But there are alternatives that don't require making > styleForRenderer virtual. > > For example, styleForRenderer could be changed to *call* a virtual > function, perhaps an XHTMLMP one, instead of itself being a virtual > function. That change would be pretty simple to do. I agree. I'll make a patch for this today. As noted on the bug report, it is a goal to have no measurable impact on any case not using MP so some virtual changes were removed. I agree that the previous approach is not the prettiest but as Yichao and others have pointed out, it is the current approach in some places already. I think simply commenting on the bug report for things like this that could be improved and having them applied as supplementary patches would be a most excellent approach. -- George Staikos Torch Mobile Inc. http://www.torchmobile.com/ _______________________________________________ webkit-dev mailing list webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/webkit-dev