List:       webkit-dev
Subject:    [webkit-dev] RenderObject ASSERT
From:       Patrick Hanna <phanna () email ! unc ! edu>
Date:       2009-02-25 22:23:44

I suspect that I am hitting this assert due to local changes but I
can't seem to figure out how to fix it. The assert I am hitting is in
RenderObject's destructor:

ASSERT(!node() || documentBeingDestroyed() || !document()->frame()-
 >view() || document()->frame()->view()->layoutRoot() != this);

In this particular case, the layoutRoot is the current RenderObject
(documentBeingDestroyed() returns false). Our port was last synced at
r38068 (just in case someone else had the same issue and fixed it). My
question is, if this assert is valid (which I suspect it is), where is
the code that prevents the layout root from being deleted? The
RenderObject is being deleted from Element::detach() triggered by
recalcStyle() if that helps any.

Thanks,
Patrick