List:       webappsec
Subject:    Re: Re: Mozilla Firefox can't disable browser cache. Why?
From:       smith.norton () gmail ! com
Date:       2006-08-27 5:02:32

Yes, you guys are correct. I tried disabling the in-memory browser cache. This is \
what I experience.

WHEN FIREFOX IN-MEMORY CACHE IS DISABLED:
I can't open the page a.php any more. It seems the browser must cache a page in the \
memory to display it.

WHEN FIREFOX IN-MEMORY CACHE IS ENABLED:
I can open a.php. Once I close Firefox and re-open  and then set it to "Work \
Offline", I can't open a.php anymore.

So you guys are correct. It's because of in-memory caching.

Watchfire has new programs available for pen testers and consultants to
use AppScan in client engagements. AppScan is the leading Web application
assessment tool. Want to see it for yourself? Take a look today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscancamp.aspx?id=70150000000CYkh