List:       webappsec
Subject:    Re: Web  based email signing and encryption
From:       Syahrul Sazli Shaharir <sazli () jaring ! my>
Date:       2004-05-20 13:38:57

Quoting sonali maniar <sonalimaniar@safescrypt.com>:

> Most of the email signing and encryption products work on S/MIME based
> clients like Outlook Express, Netscape Messenger etc. My  company is
> having a web based access of  our  corporate mailing system  how can
> this be secured?
> Are there any products/tools/components available to enable web based
> e-mail signing and encryption ie a mail composed a web browser can be
> sent digitally signed and encrypted?Both the email contents and
> attachments need to be signed and encrypted.

An open source web-based e-mail which do S/MIME signing & encryption: IMP
( http://horde.org/imp ), development (HEAD/4.0-ALPHA) version only
though. There maybe others, too. But AFAIK all of them requires your
private keys to be stored at the server, since everything including
decryption and signing are done at the server.

--sazli