List:       webappsec
Subject:    Re: key material
From:       "Greg Kilford" <greg_kilford () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-04-23 14:14:09

Our discussion of A is as a generic bit stream of assumingly random nature
from an arbitrary source, eg. mouse movements, etc.  But seriously speaking,
it could be anything.  More importantly, what size of A would suffice in
seeding the PRNG sufficiently for the output stream O after the seeding
would be of sufficient entropy for RSA 1024/2048 modulo key materials.  Some
of us are inclined to believe A should be of size/length 1024/2048 bits
before the PRNG is seeded sufficiently while a few
of my pals are suggesting 64/128 or even 192 bits would suffice.  Very
disparate gut feelings...