List:       webappsec
Subject:    New OWASP .NET Project and WebGoat 3.0 Beta Released
From:       Mark Curphey <mark () curphey ! com>
Date:       2004-01-07 20:44:56

We are very pleased to announce a new collection of projects at OWASP focusing on \
ASP.NET. Lead by Dinis Cruz of DDPlus in the UK, the projects inherit ANSA, an \
ASP.NET security analyzer, ABS a classic ASP security analyzer as well as some papers \
and tools for testing the security of ASP.NET is shared hosting environments.

These projects originally started life at www.gotdotnet.com and have now moved to be \
the initial core of the OWASP.NET projects that we hope to grow pretty rapidly over \
the year. Dinis is actively looking for other .NET developers that can help him \
enhance the current code base and develop new projects such as a C# XSS tester and \
other ideas.

You can download ANSA Version 0.3 at Sourceforge using

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/owasp/dotnet/ansa/dist/owasp-ansa_03.zip?rev=1.1

Look for the other initial projects code and new project information online very \
soon.   If you are interested in developing or have projects or code you wish to \
contribute (as always open source copyrighted to the FSF.

We are also very pleased to be able to release the Version 3.0 Beta of WebGoat. \
WebGoat is an interactive web application security training tool written by Aspect \
Security with lessons on topics like SQL Injection, XSS and so on. This version fixes \
many bugs, has a much nicer installer and a new feature called the ScoreCard. The \
Scorecard keeps track of whether you have turned on hints and how many times you had \
to attempt each exploit before you were successful. It’s a pretty reasonable \
benchmark to see how good you or your tools are! The final version is scheduled to be \
released in a week or so when we release the OWASP Top 10 for 2004. WebGoat version 3 \
has (or will have) lessons for each category in the Top Ten. Big thanks to Bruce \
Mayhew and Jeff Williams and Bill Hau for their hard work on this.

You can download OWASP WebGoat Verison 3.0 from Sourceforge

Windows Installer

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/owasp/webgoat/dist/install_WebGoat-3.0_windows.jar?rev=1.2

Unix Installer

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/owasp/webgoat/dist/install_WebGoat-3.0_unix.jar?rev=1.2