List:       web4lib
Subject:    Re: [WEB4LIB] Extracting words out of a .pdf
From:       Judy Daniluk <jdaniluk777 () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2023-05-28 22:42:10

It depends on how the PDF is created.  Some scanning software does OCR,
which recognizes the text and makes a PDF containing text that you can
select and copy.  Other scanning software just creates images where the
text is not recognizable.

I have had good luck with the free Adobe Scan mobile app.

Judy Daniluk
jdaniluk777@gmail.com