List:       web4lib
Subject:    [WEB4LIB] Job Posting:  Digital Library Services Developer  -- Northeastern University, Boston, MA
From:       "Valencia, Ernesto" <e.valencia () NORTHEASTERN ! EDU>
Date:       2017-07-24 16:32:53

Digital Library Services Developer
Northeastern University, Snell Library

https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/49596

As part of our expanding work in the fields of digital humanities, digital libraries, \
data management, data visualization, and integrated digital repository services we \
are looking for a creative developer who enjoys working on challenging projects in a \
highly collaborative environment.
Does this sound like you?  Are you a confident, fast learner who is equally \
comfortable with collaborative development, thoughtful experimentation, and critical \
system support?
If so, you might want to be our new Digital Library Services Developer.

As a member of the Northeastern University Libraries' development team, you will have \
opportunities to participate in grant-funded research, collaborate on cutting-edge \
digital scholarship projects, and lead the development of new tools and services. You \
will get to contribute to the development and customization of key library systems, \
including our Samvera-based digital repository architecture, a digital humanities \
workflow system, integrated data management, preservation, analysis, and \
visualization systems, and real-time connections between the Library's management \
system (Alma) and its Drupal-based website.  And, of course, whatever comes next!
As a Digital Library Services Developer, you will design, program, and/or adapt \
existing web tools to augment and enhance the Library's various web-based system, and \
will develop customized and project-specific solutions in JavaScript, PHP/Perl, CSS \
and other related web technologies. You will enjoy collaborations with library \
colleagues, as well as colleagues in ITS and across campus, and with partners in \
multi-institutional projects.   You will be able to design and monitor projects for \
student development teams and engage in the ongoing evaluation of emerging academic \
and library technologies.
Here are the skills and experience we are seeking:
•	Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field (or \
equivalent experience). •	Excellent knowledge of database-driven web development \
using PHP. •	Significant experience with front-end development (CSS, JavaScript, \
PHP, Perl, etc.). •	Significant experience with Drupal, including customization of \
Drupal modules preferred •	Significant experience with front-end development -- \
tools, techniques and workflow automation (using CSS and preprocessors, XHTML, \
JavaScript/JQuery, git/github, bootstrap responsive design framework, etc.). \
•	Knowledge of current web development standards and cross platform compatibility \
and accessibility techniques  •	Experience with Ruby-on-Rails and Angular would be \
a plus!
If you are interested in exploring new ways that technology can support the evolution \
of library services and enhance research in the humanities and social sciences, we \
would like very much to hear from you.   For more information about this position, \
please visit:  https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/49596