List:       web4lib
Subject:    Re: [WEB4LIB] Library CDNs
From:       Jim <jameslefager () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2013-01-21 22:15:22

One option if you are using LibGuides is you could use the image storage feature and \
document storage content box types, though this definitely does not have any \
versioning power.  The interface for these tools is fairly simple, but you would need \
to manually grab the urls for each file (javascript, css, html, image).

Jim LeFager

Web Applications Librarian
DePaul University
Office Number: 773-325-3265
Google Voice: number  224-725-3786
jlefager@depaul.edu

On Jan 4, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Tom Keays <tomkeays@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anybody out there using a CDN[1] that is separate from their website to host \
> JavaScript, CSS, and image files? I'm looking for a one place where I can \
> consolidate and organize these files that is reliable (good uptime and good \
> response time) and affordable (less expensive than hosting a complete website). \
> In-as non-technical folks may need to access it, the interface for managing the \
> files and directories needs to be friendly. E.G., AWS's native interface is too \
> convoluted for newbies, but a program or web app built as a front-end designed to \
> have simple management functions is the kind of thing I'm looking for (and \
> something that mirrored AWS's built-in versioning would be awesome).
> Tom
>
> [1] CDN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network
>
> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>
> 2013-01-04