List:       web4lib
Subject:    Re: [WEB4LIB] SharePoint 2010 Error
From:       "Klapwijk, WOUTER <wklap () sun ! ac ! za>" <Wklap () SUN ! AC ! ZA>
Date:       2012-07-26 15:42:14

Hi Sharon,

Did you create your Announcements web part using the standard SP2010 (sub)site \
definition of type "Blog" or did you create it using your own Lists?  I sounds like \
that you might have created it using your own Lists and probably used something like \
InfoPath Designer to design the form.  If so, then you can specify the default View \
Form for the List in question using your browser or SP Designer.  This is pretty much \
standard functionality which you might have tried already, but nonetheless these are \
the steps I would follow:

SP DESIGNER:
Open the (sub)site containing the Announcement lists and choose Lists and Libraries.
Choose the Lists in question and under Forms make sure the form view in question is \
marked as "Yes" under the Default column.  Use the "Set as Default" option in the \
ribbon to set it to default if needed.

BROWSER:
Navigate to the List Settings button in the Ribbon for the List in question.
Choose "Form settings" on the List Information screen and tick off the form which \
needs to be the default.

Not sure if it helps.

Wouter

Wouter Klapwijk
Head: Information Technology & Acting Director: IT and Digital Services
Library and Information Service
Stellenbosch University
Tel: +27 21 808-4378, Fax: +27 21 808-3723, Mobile: 083 3888 270
http://library.sun.ac.za