List:       web4lib
Subject:    Re: [WEB4LIB] Configuring an OpenURL Resolver
From:       Hogue Melanie <hogue_m () LIB ! CHATTANOOGA ! GOV>
Date:       2011-11-30 21:34:47

I don't think what I do will work for OpenBook; but you might figure it out from the \
following info.
 I construct URLs one at a time for catalog results by passing parameters to the \
searchresults page. This is done slightly differently depending on what website \
platform is being used. Ours look something like this:
http://www.yourdomain.com/searchresult.aspx?bid=64576534 You may be able to get \
examples of how to do this from the documentation for your ILS.
This example is based on our own unique identifier for each record. If you can \
configure one that is based on the ISBN that works to retrieve correct book records \
in your catalog AND you can configure the links in OpenBook to use the string you \
supply (the whole URL construct with everything but the variable value) and then \
specify to OpenBook what value from their record that you want to tack onto the \
string, you may be able to set up something that works.

Melanie Amy Hogue
Manager of Online Resources & Reports
Chattanooga-Hamilton County Bicentennial Library
423-757-5114