List:       web4lib
Subject:    [Web4lib] Integrating Google Books/Scholar into Library Web Services
From:       Marc Davis <marc.davis () drake ! edu>
Date:       2011-02-28 17:53:19

Hi, everyone.

Looking for some best practice examples, ideas, considerations involved in \
integrating Google Books and Google Scholar into library web sites. We are an \
academic so our primary focus is on undergrad/grad research tools.

To what extent have you integrated these resources into your link resolvers, \
databases, etc.? What about quality issues with Google Scholar (I hear stories about \
articles that only look "scholarly" being in the mix, degrading the academic \
usefulness of the results)?

Any particular success stories involving integrating these resources into \
instruction, info lit, etc.?

Any particular resources we should look at beyond Google's own help/propoganda?

Thanks.