List:       web4lib
Subject:    [Web4lib] Independent sources of Nook ebooks
From:       "Chris (CE)" <crippel () ckls ! org>
Date:       2010-11-29 15:29:14

On 11/26/10 11:00 AM, web4lib-request@webjunction.org wrote:
> At any rate, we are one of those libraries that gets our e-books from
> overdrive and I've seen first hand how limited it is, not just in device
> requirements, but also in content. I believe the IT librarian has been
> considering the purchase of a Kindle, but is still considering whether or not  it's
> worth it.

Melanie,

Though Kindle does have a few ebooks Nook does not have, I think you should first try \
other sources for Nook ebooks such as:

    * Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/
    * Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/
    * eReader.com http://www.ereader.com/
    * ebookMall http://www.ebookmall.com/nook/

A list of free ebook sources is at
http://ebooksinlibraries.blogspot.com/2010/03/free-content-for-nooks-and-kindles.html

--
Thanks,

Chris Rippel
Central Kansas Library System
1409 Williams
Great Bend, Kansas 67530
620-792-4865 (voice)
620-792-5495 (fax)
crippel at ckls dot org
http://ceprojects.blogspot.com
http://creatingreaderfriendlylibraries.blogspot.com
http://publiclibraryshelftalkers.blogspot.com

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will \
themselves not be realized. ~ Daniel Burnbam, Architect for Plan of Chicago, 1909

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be \
compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. ~ \
Ralph Waldo Emerson