List:       web4lib
Subject:    [Web4lib] Information Commons Discussion Group at ALA
From:       Michael Whitchurch <michael_whitchurch () byu ! edu>
Date:       2008-06-25 18:22:31

Hello All,
                The Information Commons Discussion Group of ACRL will be meeting at \
the ALA Annual Conference.  We will first hear from Leslie Haas, Director of the \
Information Commons at Loyola University Chicago.  She will speak about her \
experiences developing, implementing and managing a new Commons.  After that we will \
                have table discussions, with reporting toward the end of the time.
                The topic for this discussion will be: Pedagogy in the Commons is \
possible.

*         What is the pedagogical structure?

*         Can we use Information Literacy or Research Education to create and \
implementing a curriculum  of the Commons-articulated from basic/intro upward in \
complexity to advanced?

*         What do we wish could be done?

*         What are we currently doing?

*         Are there best practices?
                The discussion will take place on Saturday, 28 June 2008, at 10:30 \
a.m. in the Marriott's Platinum 3/4 room.  I hope to see you there.

Michael
Michael Whitchurch, MLIS
Information Commons Section Head
Harold B. Lee Library