List:       web4lib
Subject:    Re: [Web4lib] hacking Time Management system thru USB
From:       Brian Stubbs <bstubbs () rci ! rutgers ! edu>
Date:       2008-05-29 19:44:49

"Trust-No-Exe" may be along the lines of what you're looking for.  It
uses a trusted list and an explicit-deny list to filter what programs
can be run on computers, and has network-install capabilities for easier
deployment.  You may still have trouble with your hackers if they figure
out that the list is based on filenames however; they may simply change
the name of their undesirable .exe in order to slip past the filters.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm

Brian Stubbs
RUL Access Services