List:       web4lib
Subject:    Cold Dog comment
From:       whitt () CS ! cofc ! EDU (Alis Whitt)
Date:       1996-03-30 14:39:01

I would strongly recommend that you use Karen's information below (i.e.,
the U.S.  address for Hot Dog Standard).  From the online documentation at
sausage.com, I'd mistakenly gathered that I had to pay up front for the
pro version, then went through the convoluted process to get the
University to buy the pro version.  Meanwhile, I downloaded the standard
version to begin tinkering.  By the time Sausage Software received the
check and I received my registration key, the software I'd purchased was
#1 outdated and #2 not available to download from the net.  I sent the $$
to purchase pro version 1, and by the time I received the key, only pro
version 2 was available.  To their credit, an email note explaining the
situation and a promise to send the extra $$ was all it took to get a key
to version 2.  (And in case anyone's listening, the check's in the mail --
the proverbial line of all time.)

With respect to Hot Dog's merit, I can say this.  It's a nice program,
but without Windows 95, I find it a pain to edit all my documents after
they're transferred to a host computer.  The version of Windows I use
doesn't allow a .html extension, only .htm, but hey, that's my problem,
not Hot Dog's.

Alis Whitt			 		Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
whitt@stono.cofc.edu	     				College of Charleston