List:       wardriving
Subject:    [Wardriving] Ubergeeks help needed...
From:       geminus () earthlink ! net
Date:       2003-01-17 19:56:02

Gents,

I know this e-mail is strange... and if it had come from anywhere else, I'd probably \
be thinking the same thing that you all are thinking right now, and I won't go there. \
The plain fact is however that this e-mail is real, and the request below is true. \
You see... this little girl is real, she is my niece. I've participated in past \
war-drives, as well as have attended past DEFCONS. I feel weird just for writing \
this... but there is a little girl that needs your help. I am a husband and a father \
of two beautiful daughters, and although our industry has definately seen better \
days, I cant imagine... well, you decide.

Ajia Mae Vincent and her family need your help. On August 8, 2002, as proud \
grandparents we announced her arrival to all our family and friends. Now we are \
asking for your help. In October she was diagnosed with Biliary Atresia. This disease \
strikes 1 in 16,000 births. Ajia is desperatly ill and needs a new liver to survive. \
The doctors had to perform open heart surgery January 15th, to repair a whole in her \
heart so that she could survive the transplant operation when a liver becomes \
available. At five months she only weighs 7lbs. 6 oz. This disease prevents her from \
growing. Ajia is currently a patient at the Childrens Stanford Medical Center in San \
Francisco, California. She was air lifted there from Carson City, Nevada two weeks \
ago when she almost bled to death. A common problem that occurs with this diesease. \
She resides in Carson City, Neveda with her Mother, Father, Brother and Sister. Her \
Mother and Father have been by her bed side since there arrival at Stanford. Her \
brother and sister have been staying with relatives and friends back in Carson City. \
They are homeless. Two weeks before Christmas they lost their home and most of their \
belongings to a storm, which blew off the roof of their home on to their car. They \
had no insurance. Besides the emotional trauma of this childs illness they have and \
continue to suffer financially. They need your help. We are the grandparents of Ajia \
and we are asking for your help. We can't take away the pain the entire family is \
facing with Ajia's dieseas and her uncertain future but we can try to ease their \
fiancial loss. If you could please find it in your hearts to send a donation, even if \
its a dollar, we would be forever greatful. If you can't then all we ask for is your \
prayers. Please send your donations to :  Louis & Patricia DeGelorm
105 Patricia Drive
North Syracuse, New York 13212
I have one more favor please pass Ajia's story on to any family and friends you may \
have that could help us.

"Gents, the above address is the address of my mother, who is currently overseeing \
their situation... I would like to echo, if you cannot help, then please find it in \
your heart to pray for her. This is not a spam scam, my family is not from Nigeria, \
and we offer only our most grateful thanks. As a geek, I do not have many circles \
that I can turn to and ask for this in person, so I ask you. I have two daughters, \
and cannot imagine what this must be like, for those of you whom have families, I'm \
sure the above would be horrific to experience... Please help if you can."

Geminus

AKA, William M. Nett
Infrastructure Analyst
Electronic Data Systems