List:       w3m-dev-en
Subject:    [w3m-dev-en 00039] Compiler warning on alpha
From:       Christian Weisgerber <w3m-dev-en () mips ! rhein-neckar ! de>
Date:       2000-01-26 15:46:26

I don't know if this can cause any problems, but here's a gcc warning
specific to compiling w3m on alpha:

  gcc -O -pipe -I./gc   -I.     -c mktable.c -o mktable.o
  mktable.c: In function `hashfunc':
  mktable.c:14: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

The particular code is this:

  static unsigned int hashfunc(HashItem_ss* x)
  {
    return (unsigned int)x;
  }

On alpha, a pointer has 64 bits, an integer 32, so this cast
truncates the value. Changing the type to "unsigned long" should
be generally portable.

gcc -Wall of course gives heaps of warnings. :-(
--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                     naddy@unix-ag.uni-kl.de