List:       vulnwatch
Subject:    [VulnWatch] Re: ZH2005-03SA -- multiple vulnerabilities in NukeBookmarks .6
From:       Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops ! com>
Date:       2005-03-26 18:33:25

On 26 Mar 2005, Gerardo Astharot Di Giacomo wrote:
> Product: NukeBookmarks .6

> 1) Full path disclosure
> It's possible to retrieve the full installation URL of the website. In "marks.php" \
> file, there are some queries to the database. If some parameters miss or some \
> strange characters are submitted, the functions that get results from the database \
> will return an error.

I can understand how full path disclosure can be an issue, however, in a
production environment the PHP settings to display errors ought to be
disabled.  As such, full path disclosure goes away.

> 3) SQL Injection
> It's possible to get any content from the database by exploiting a SQL Injection \
> vulnerability in "marks.php" file.
> This example will get the list of PHPNuke authors and the relative hashes of the \
> passwords.

That is true if the default table names are used.  However it would be
worth noting that with any web presence that uses a backend database, the
prefix ought to be changed to something random and non-default.

Does this completely solve the issue, of course not, but it can stop the
script kiddy attacks.  For more on this:

http://unixwiz.net/techtips/sql-injection.html

Thanks for the disclosure.

--
Sincerely,