List:       vuln-dev
Subject:    Re: New IE6 security hole
From:       "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2005-06-10 14:01:06

And when I forwarded your email to Secure@microsoft.com [which is what
YOU should have done rather than posting it all over the place] this is
what they posted back to me:

- Microsoft is aware of a public report of a vulnerability affecting
Internet Explorer.  The report indicates that Internet Explorer's
default behavior could allow a web page to not display script code when
a user attempts to view the source of the page.
- Our investigation reveals that the behavior described in the public
report is not a vulnerability in the browser. Instead, this is a well
known capability of dynamic html (DHTML) and is a standard feature of
most browsers including Internet Explorer.
- Microsoft is concerned that some security researchers may not know the
appropriate email alias to report security vulnerabilities to the
Microsoft Security Response Center.  Secure@microsoft.com is the public
email alias for reporting security vulnerabilities to Microsoft.

- We continue to encourage all security researchers to work with
Microsoft on a confidential basis so that we can work together in
partnership to help protect Microsoft's customers and not put them at
unnecessary risk.

- We continue to encourage customers follow our Protect Your PC guidance
of enabling a firewall, getting software updates, and installing
antivirus software. Customers can learn more about these steps at
www.microsoft.com/protect.

In your contact database... put in secure@microsoft.com and next
time...use that instead.