List:       vtkusers
Subject:    [vtkusers] CMAKE error mt.exe failed to write the updated manifest to the resource file
From:       kent myers via vtkusers <vtkusers () vtk ! org>
Date:       2015-12-31 18:39:37

I am trying to update from VTK 6.2 to 6.3.  I installed the latest CMAKE
3.4.1.  I am using VS2010 64 bit compiler.  I tried disabling virus
protection. I previously build 6.2 successfully on Windows 7.  I have since
upgraded to Windows 10.

When I click the Configure button in the cmake interface, I get errors:

The C compiler identification is unknown... etc.

The CMakeOutput.log file contains the following error:

mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the
resource of file ".\CompilerIdCXX.exe". The process cannot access the file

because it is being used by another process.
[C:\DevelopmentTools\VTK\BuildWindowsVTK6.3\CMakeFiles\3.4.1\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj]

Done Building Project
"C:\DevelopmentTools\VTK\BuildWindowsVTK6.3\CMakeFiles\3.4.1\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj"
 (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,