List:       vtkusers
Subject:    Re: [vtkusers] How to store a binary image skeleton as a tree or graph?
From:       matheus_viana <vianamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-27 19:26:58

Hi Roman,

I think I got your point.

My current approach to deal with my skeleton in vtk is actually store
the graph as a iGraph structure, while the voxels (paths linking nodes)
are stored as lines in a PolyData structure. It is pretty easy to keep
both structures synchronized and you can enjoy the best of both
libraries, i.e. VTK for visualization and iGraph for your graph
calculations.

Please, let me know in the case you have any additional doubts.

Best,
Matheus Viana
Postdoctoral Research Employee
Developmental and Cell Biology