List:       vtkusers
Subject:    [vtkusers] How do I turn off translation of vtkSplineWidget
From:       delicasso () netscape ! net
Date:       2012-03-30 18:10:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi All,

I'd like to turn off the translation feature on vtkSplineWidget.  This widget allow \
you to place a spline on a 2d surface and access either individual points on the line \
to change it's shape, or move the whole thing. I want the former but not the latter \
feature, since in my segmentation application our starting point is usually extremely \
close and we just want to adjust some of the finer points on the contour.

Any ideas on this?

I'm working in Python.
I tried subclassing and accessing the protected member, LineActor and changing the \
                dragable (SetDragable()) property, but I received an error message:
AttributeError: LineActor
I believe this is supported in C++, but perhaps the C++ to Python translation does \
not support this feature. So no help there.

Also tried to overwrite the Translate() function, but the code did not execute my \
Translate function when I clicked on the line.

None of the other public functions seem to allow the fine grained access to modify \
this functionality for this object.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards, David