List:       vtkusers
Subject:    Re: [vtkusers] Compiling VTK with Mingw64 ?
From:       John Drescher <drescherjm () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-29 17:10:21

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Blaine <frikker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Turns out it was my home-built QT... weird.
> I installed the win64-vs2008 package and so far it's working (75%) although
> you know what they say about counting your chickens...
> http://code.google.com/p/qt-msvc-installer/
> Thanks for all the help. Hopefully this works!
> Blaine

Most everything worked for me for the 2 to 3 years I built Qt, vtk,
itk, gcdm ... with Visual Studio 2008 x64. I built all of these myself
and did not use any binary packages. For everything but Qt I did
static linking instead of shared libraries. I have now moved to Visual
Studio 2010 for all of my builds and that is working fine as well.

John