List:       vtkusers
Subject:    Re: [vtkusers] VTK and C# in Visual Studio 2010
From:       "Eric E. Monson" <emonson () cs ! duke ! edu>
Date:       2011-06-27 17:21:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey Wisam,

(Please respond to the mailing list, too, so everyone can contribute and learn \
together.)

I've had problems with some of the examples that come with the ActiViz.NET wrappers \
crashing (like the Wikipedia browser), but most of them work fine for me.

There are some unresolved problems with using the 2D Charts API (vtkChartXY, etc) \
with the .NET wrappers though, related to interaction. Here's a short thread from \
February dealing with that issue:  \
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Activiz-and-vtkChartXY-td3397315.html

The example you linked to, though, is a C++ example rather than C#... If you're \
wanting to use C++ you just need "plain" VTK and CMake rather than the ActiViz.NET \
wrappers for C#/.NET.

The ActiViz.NET examples get installed in C:\Program Files\ActiViz.NET 5.6.1 \
OpenSource Edition\Examples (or similar path depending on whether you're using the 32 \
or 64-bit versions and which version of Windows). If everything installed properly \
you should be able to open the supplied C# VS solution files and build and run. To \
try other examples you'll have to translate them yourself to C#/.NET

Otherwise, you'll have to give us more details about what you're trying to do and \
what's going wrong so someone can try to help.

-Eric