List:       vtkusers
Subject:    Re: [vtkusers] Loading images from memory *not files*
From:       Roland Krause <rokrau () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-02-24 18:28:23

> Hi Robert,
>

> There is a class called vtkImageImport class for reading uncompressed
> images into VTK, and it would be nice if someone could write a
> vtkPNGImport and vtkJPEGImport for handling compressed data.

David, is there a worked example of this? We tried to figure this out yesterday but \
ended up with black rectangles on the screen.  I.e. What color order does \
vtkImageImport support? Is it RGBA or ARGB or ffRGB or what? How do I set the data \
type to unsigned int which is what comes out of the QImage we are trying to use as a \
source?

Then when trying to render the image the vtkImageActor complains it only supports \
unsigned char but the vtkImageScaleShift does nothing... An example would really help \
I guess...

Roland