List:       vtkusers
Subject:    Re: [vtkusers] about GetPixelData method
From:       Francois Bertel <francois.bertel () kitware ! com>
Date:       2006-02-28 13:54:24

Mahmoud Ismail wrote:

> I found the GetPixelData method In vtkWindow Class
> but it takes five integer inputs and i don't what are they refer to

Thanks to pointed out this missing documentation. I committed the change to CVS, you \
should see the right documentation on-line tomorrow.

Reading through the implementation in Rendering/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow, I think the \
arguments are:

virtual unsigned char *GetPixelData(int x, int y, int x2, int y2,
                                      int front) = 0;
virtual int GetPixelData(int x, int y, int x2, int y2, int front,
                           vtkUnsignedCharArray *data) = 0;

(x,y) is any corner of the rectangle. (x2,y2) is its opposite corner on the diagonal.

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive