List:       vtkusers
Subject:    [vtkusers] RE: Multiple, time varying, unstructured grids.
From:       "Rupert Shute" <Rupert.Shute () awe ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-08-31 15:54:00

Hi,
    I'm writing a vtk translator for an FEA code, the ultimate aim of which
is to visualise the results in Paraview. However, I've got a little stuck
So as to isolate cells types and to handle discontinuous cell data I have
opted to create a separate UGrid for each cell type (they range from 2 to 8
nodes).
Currently each UGrid is written out as a separate vtk file. This isn't very
efficient, I know, as it requires the points and point data to be replicated
for each cell type.
My real problem comes when try to handle multiple time steps. What I have is
a collection of UGrid vtk files for each time step, when what I want is a
single file for each time step, each containing a hierarchy of data. My
initial thoughts were to write a parallel VTK file for each time step, but
that doesn't appear to do what I want.
Can anyone give me any pointers?
Regards
Rupert.

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. \
If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any \
distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is \
strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at \
admin.internet(at)awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While \
attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of \
any virus which is not detected.

AWE Plc
Registered in England and Wales
Registration No 02763902