List:       vtkusers
Subject:    [vtkusers] Unable to compile vtk32 on Solaris 2.7
From:       Rene Tschirley <pooh () lava ! cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-04-27 20:06:00

Dear list,

Compiling vtk is a quite hard job, isn't it?

Everything seemed to be ok when I compiled vtk3.2 on a Solaris 2.7
machine. Libraries and examples were createt, but when starting an
example binary, e.g. graphics/examplesCxx/Mace3, I get the message:

  Attempting to create an OpenGL or Mesa based object with a VTK that is
  not linked/configured with Mesa/OpenGL.

Now I'm absolutely desperated, I can't find out why this error occures. I
found out that the error is produced by
vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance("vtkRenderer"), but I don't understand
the meanings. Can anyone give me a hint?

Bye,
	René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley,              http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group