List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    [vtk-developers] OpenGL2 default
From:       Ken Martin <ken.martin () kitware ! com>
Date:       2015-09-16 22:26:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I just realized I never sent out an email about this.  Yikes. Yesterday I
committed a longstanding topic to change the VTK default to the OpenGL2
backend. While we have talked about this in general terms we never got down
to specifics. A bunch of nightlies broke and I hope to work through that
over the next day or two or chicken out and retreat :-)  But...here is the
gist, you can still set VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND to OpenGL or OpenGL2 as
desired, existing settings will not change, we have only changed the
default for cases where it has not been specified. We also have added a new
setting named VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND_DEFAULT that lets applications set
their preference (in their own CMakeLists file) for VTK while still
allowing the user to override it with VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND.

If you have any questions etc please let me know.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Martin PhD

Chairman & CFO

Kitware Inc.

28 Corporate Drive

Clifton Park NY 12065

ken.martin@kitware.com

919 869-8871 (w)

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.