List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    Re: [vtk-developers] [vtkusers]  RFC: Compiler support, removing hacks for old compilers
From:       "Sean McBride" <sean () rogue-research ! com>
Date:       2015-03-25 20:25:56

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:01:05 -0400, Shawn Waldon said:

> FWIW, ParaView has a superbuild nightly binaries machine that runs debian 4
> (gcc 4.1.2).  We may be updating to a more recent debian soon though.

Hi all,

So here's my patch that removes support for gcc 4.0 and older and MSVC++ 8.0 / Visual \
Studio 2005 and older: <https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/38>

Would be great if any of you with old compilers could try it...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean@rogue-research.com