List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    Re: [vtk-developers] material files patch for vtkOBJReader
From:       Berk Geveci <berk.geveci () kitware ! com>
Date:       2014-12-22 19:44:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

My preference would be to develop a new OBJ importer that uses the OBJ
reader. Making the OBJ reader depend on rendering may impact some folks
negatively. By the way, I would defer this for a few months if possible. We
have a project targeted towards importing material properties for ray
tracing etc. I don't think that we will follow the importer route and we
will probably develop a new infrastructure. It may fit better here.

Best,
-berk