List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    [vtk-developers] New to VTK; wanting to contribute by fixing a bug
From:       Perry Spyropoulos <paspyrop () edisto ! cofc ! edu>
Date:       2011-02-17 19:48:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

My name is Perry and I'm an undergraduate at the College of Charleston.  For
our Software Engineering Practicum class, we have been tasked with finding
an OpenSource project, learning the code, and attempting to contribute.  My
team and I are hoping to contribute to VTK.

We browsed the Mantis BugTracker, and found a bug to work on as our first
contribution (bug webpage: http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10854).

The VTK wiki was helpful by providing various requirements for contribution,
however, we still have a few questions about the code submission process.
Once we've modified the source code, do we just do a cvs commit to the
repository?  Is that considered a true submission, or rather a developers
playground?

If anyone could give us a step-by-step process for submission, or a link to
something similar, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Perry