List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    Re: [vtk-developers] Polyhedral challenge
From:       "Mark Olesen" <Mark.Olesen () faurecia ! com>
Date:       2010-04-27 11:17:51

Hi Hua,

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 09:50 -0400, Hua Yang wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> git@github.com:huayang/VTK.git
>
> It is not completely up to date. But this repository is compatible
> with http://vtk.org/VTK.git.

Are you sure about that?
This is what I did.

# cloned your repo to a local directory (for safety)
cd /tmp
git clone -n git://github.com/huayang/VTK.git

# fetch into the newer VTK repo (http://vtk.org/VTK.git)
cd PATH/ParaView/VTK
git remote add tmp /tmp/VTK
git fetch tmp

warning: no common commits
remote: Counting objects: 212478, done.
remote: Total 212478 (delta 168417), reused 212379 (delta 168364)
Receiving objects: 100% (212478/212478), 59.23 MiB | 11368 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (168417/168417), done.
> From /tmp/VTK
 * [new branch]      cvshead    -> tmp/cvshead

If I furthermore check for non-common commits, there are about 32-39
thousand of them.
Eg,
# count non-common commits:
git log tmp/cvshead ^origin/master | grep ^commit | wc -l
git log origin/master ^tmp/cvshead | grep ^commit | wc -l

What me might need is a rebase of your branch onto the last cvshead and
use that as a patch set against the new git repo. Unfortunately, the cvs
bits I had were for ParaView and not VTK, so I can't do this myself.

> The polyhedron work is still under development.
> We are trying to come up with a solid version by this week.

That's great news!
With polyhedral support, and with this
(http://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/319562-enable-caching-of-static-meshes-for-transient-data), \
it will be much faster to use paraview for CFD results.

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the \
use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged \
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete \
it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this \
message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this \
transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or \
falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.