List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    Re: [vtk-developers] Polyhedral challenge
From:       "Mark Olesen" <Mark.Olesen () faurecia ! com>
Date:       2010-02-24 11:19:48

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 11:38 -0500, Will Schroeder wrote:
> Hua and I have made progress on adding a vtkPolyhedron cell to VTK. We
> have a wiki page describing the tasks (which will take some time to
> implement depending on our funding and schedule
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Polyhedron_Support).

The wiki states the following:
   "vtkCellTypes.h has new #define VTK_POLYHEDRON"

I would have suspected that it would actually show up as a new enum
value (cf. VTK_HEXAHEDRON, etc). Or can I or should I rely on being able
to write code like this?

#ifdef VTK_POLYHEDRON
   // code using polys
#else
   // decompose ourselves
#endif

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the \
use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged \
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete \
it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this \
message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this \
transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or \
falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.