List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    [vtk-developers] kitware, vtk, paraview, and med.ge related spam
From:       Michael Halle <mhalle () bwh ! harvard ! edu>
Date:       2005-11-22 2:21:24

Tonight I'm seeing a huge amount of spam,
some of it coming from fake email addresses
such as "Admin@kitware.com" or "info@vtk.org"
or "webmaster@paraview.org" or
"postman@amermsx.med.ge.com".

It seems to be spewing from the following machine:

cpe-24-170-16-235.jam.res.rr.com

Given the particular addresses, I would suspect
that someone in some way related to these organizations
has an infected machine. The malware running on it
is probably sampling the user's mailbox for
likely-sounding email addresses.

Does the above machine name sound familiar to anyone?
It's a residential RoadRunner machine, right?

I'll also send mail to abuse @ rr.com.

--Mike