List:       vtk-developers
Subject:    [vtk-developers] ARB - potential widget contributions
From:       <dean.inglis () on ! aibn ! com>
Date:       2003-03-25 14:29:00

Hi,

I have worked out some new widgets, some of which
may be useful to others, especially those integrating
VTK with ITK.

1) vtkPropTracerWidget - a wiget that uses an internal
vtkPropPicker to fire picks at a given prop and generates
a polyline trace on the prop's surface. Originally developed
for manually segmenting on 2D images: I'm still having pb's
with this see:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-March/016623.html
and am hoping adding this to VTK cvs will encourage some
assistance

2) vtkLockToPlaneWidget - superclass for
a series of pseudo-3D widgets (really 2D) that can be locked
onto a vtkPlaneSource:
  a) vtkSplineWidget - would be inherited from this class
  b) vtkRulerWidget - features indepedent locking of end handles, on
  screen text display of length
  c) vtk2DROIWidget - a rectangular region of interest that can
  be used for cropping images, erasing rectagular features such as
  film tags on X-rays etc.

keep in mind that these are proposed names.  1) is functional but needs
some more work, 2b) and 2c) are already fairly robust.

Dean