List:       vpn
Subject:    Re: Ipass
From:       John Lengeling <johnl () microware ! com>
Date:       1999-06-21 19:10:47

LinkView wrote:

> I suspect this is due to the ISP that iPass is connecting to. It worked well for me \
> using GRIC in China and many other countries.

I was wasn't sure if it was a problem with the ISP in China or some sort
of filtering by the government.  I just assumed the government since I
kept reading stories about government monitoring of Internet access and
censorship of the media.  He hasn't had any other problems in the Far
East using Ipass and SmartPass.

Next time he is in China, I will have him try the other Ipass numbers.

As soon as he called an Ipass connection in HK, everything worked just
fine.

johnl