List:       vpn
Subject:    RE: [VPN] Using MS L2TP/IPSec and NAT
From:       "Lee Merrill" <leemerri () nortelnetworks ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 19:15:13

The client listed is actually made for the older windows systems
(Win95/98/NT4.0). I think it was created by Safenet for Microsoft. I've
tested it against a couple of different vendors and it works quite well. I
used certificates for the testing, and I think you can do a registry hack to
use shared secrets.

I don't believe you can install this client on Win2k or XP. Its been a while
since I read the bulletin, but I think its just for the retro equipmtent.

Good luck

Lee Merrill
Application Engineering Lab
Nortel Networks