List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Alix and ESS K2M
From:       Kim-man 'Punky' TSE <punkytse () punknix ! com>
Date:       2014-07-15 6:20:59

Hi Derek,

I normally don't use any kinds of software volume control if I have choices.

But normally, add

mixer_type "hardware"

to the end of /etc/mpd.conf then restart mpd daemon by "/etc/init.d/mpd res=
tart" should do the job.

However, I never had experience in adjusting volume under alsamixer control.

Regards,
Punky

On 7/3/2014 11:09 PM, PSL wrote:

> Hi and help! =96 been using Voyage MPD 0.9 (with Hiface driver) on an Ali=
x 2d2 with no issues and greatly enjoying it. =

> Recently I bought this =

> <http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/60-usb-dsd-dxd-384khz-dac-with-bi=
t-perfect-volume-control-and-spdif-inputxmoses9018k2m.html#/dac_option-xmos=
_dac_and_led_pcb> =

> XMOS USB-I2S board and ESS9018K2M package, mainly to see if the =91bit-pe=
rfect volume control=92 would really work and =

> eliminate a preamp.
>
> It worked fine on the default settings on the Alix/Voyage but the volume =
slider on mPod had no effect. I can get the =

> volume slider to work by changing mixer_type to =91software=92 at the end=
 of the mpd.conf file but I don=92t think this is =

> how it should work =96 or am I wrong?
>
> I believe it should work on the =91hardware=92 settings but can anyone su=
ggest the correct configuration of ALSA output?

> I have tried changing mixer_device to =93hw:0=94 and =93hw:0,0=94. Also t=
ried changing mixer_control to =93hardware=94 but no joy. =

> It plays but the volume slider does not work.
>
> Guidance/education appreciated.
>
> Derek

-- =

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
   - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
   - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
   - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)