List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] voyage mpd server - will Shuttle DS437 work?
From:       Mark Schlegel <moschleg () verizon ! net>
Date:       2014-07-14 1:33:33

I want to use this one as a music server at work by installing voyage
mpd on it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Shuttle/DS437T/6.html

This is the Shuttle DS437, it's a bit overpowered for this, at least
when you compare
to an Alix. But I wanted to try a box with enough power so I can roll it
over for
basic HTPC use later if I want.

I want to make a standalone box with Voyage MPD on it that runs in local
mode (that is
no web server interface controlling it over ethernet to a client)
drives a LCD/HDMI display touch panel.  The music will be on a USB key
plugged into
the Shuttle. There would be no keyboard, just a mouse and the LCD
touchpad. The
Shuttle would then feed a USB DAC -> headphones.
The reason for this is that the place I work at is pretty strict on not
plugging things
like USB keys into the official work PCs or the network.  I plan to have
the Shuttle PC never plugged
into the network, that is as a standalone system, so the IT people will
be happy.

What has me concerned is the statement in the Specs say it's a UEFI
bios, can Voyage MPD be
installed on a UEFI BIOS system?

Mark