List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Serial port on alix 3d3 using /dev/ttyS0
From:       Arun Khan <knura9 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-17 15:09:37

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Rajarajan Rajamani
<r.rajamani@gmail.com> wrote:

> To my recollection I did chose the ALIX profile when configuring stuff
> on the SD.
> I'll check it again from home. Since the 3D3 has the VGA port,
> I have confirmed that the grub menu did show up on the VGA port. I am
> not getting any characters on the serial port.

That changes the equation i.e. your model with a VGA port.   I don't
have any of those.   Looks like your grub menu is using the VGA port
for console.

Nonetheless, having chosen ALIX profile, VL should be able to show the
console output on /dev/ttyS0.

I would suggest you post on the PC Engines forum as well.   You are
more likely to find users with your model and their experience with
Linux on the same.

-- Arun Khan

-- Arun