List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] minidlna problems - add subdirectories to
From:       Steen Pedersen <amtssp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-18 13:40:12

Hi I have installed Voyage 0.7 on a thin client with a 500 MB CF-card
- everything is fine.

Next I installed Squeezeboxserver - and also this is working fine (if
interested in how to do that, please look here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=90581 )

But I have difficulties with the minidlna (a small open source dlna
server, you can get it via APT-GET).
It runs fine if I run "remountrw" but as soon as I is in read only
mode it stop working.

I have put the path for the database file in /etc/default/voyage-util,
but I think that it needs to be able to make subdirectories to the
path - and as far as I can see this is not allowed in Voyage?

So if I put this path in /etc/default/voyage-util: /var/cache/minidlna
 it can write in this directory, but it seems like it need to be able
to make more directories like
/var/cache/minidlna/videos/FOLDERNAME/VIDEO_NAME_1 and
/var/cache/minidlna/videos/FOLDERNAME/VIDEO_NAME_2 etc.

My question is: Is it possible to let minidlna make subdirectories to
a path defines in /etc/default/voyage-util ? Because I think this is
the reason for the problem of running minidlna in read-only mode.