List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] 0.7.0 and 4521
From:       Bjorn Meijer <bm () realtimesolutions ! nl>
Date:       2011-08-23 13:22:31

On 08/22/2011 11:52 AM, Hermann Gottschalk wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:21:23AM +0200, Bjorn Meijer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have pretty much the same problem, anything above 0.6 won't bootup.
>> I've added the all_generic_ide(which is needed for 0.6 too) to the
>> menu.lst,
>> I've tried both ide_core.nodma=0.0 and 0.1 as well as without them.
>> The output doesn't contain any errors apart from "Gave up waiting
>> for root device".
>>
>> I use both soekris net4501 and net4521, neither will boot even with
>> these parameters added.
>> I used a 2GB CF card, but I don't see how thats a problem since it
>> works for 0.5 and 0.6.
> Maybe this one
> http://www.mail-archive.com/voyage-linux@list.voyage.hk/msg05143.html
> helps?

Well using that results in an unbootable disk.
I've set up a PXE server with not much luck installing voyage.
Because of the lack of a vga card and input capabilities of the soekris
boxes,
the only real way to install it is with a tarball or the live CD.
I found the tarball to be the most reliable and easy. It also allows me to
  add some programs and scripts that I need.

I'll just use 0.6 for the time being, it's a considerable upgrade from 0.5.

Regards,
Bjorn Meijer