List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] Filesystem organisation
From:       chrisdv <chrisdv () miranetworks ! net>
Date:       2011-07-11 15:23:29

Hi All

I am new to Voyage and specifically overlay filesystems.  I am considering
using Voyage 0.7.5 for a project.   I know that root is mounted RO, but the
output of "mount" and the contents of /etc/fstab says nothing about /var
being mounted RW yet I can create a file there?!  Can someone please explain
the filesystem layout to me and exactly which parts are overlaid on other
parts in the default generic PC install.

Thanks!