List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] VGA or Display problem
From:       <chanwalt () technicalelite ! com>
Date:       2011-06-18 20:48:27

I home someone can point me in the right direction.  I have been using voyage since \
ver. 0.5 and love it.

I just tried to install 0.7 for the first time on an old Sony Vaio P3 laptop.  I \
loaded it from the liveCD and had to boot it into fail-safe mode.  After I installed \
it, grub starts, and it starts to load.  At some point the screen flashes and goes \
blank, but the HD light is still flashing, just nothing is being displayed.  It even \
apears that I can log in and shutdown the box, just nothing is being displayed on the \
screen.

There must be a VGA or monitor driver being loaded at boot that wasn't loaded during \
the fail-safe install option from the liveCD.  Could someone point me to the right \
config file to disable the VGA to make it display the same as the fail-safe option?

Thank you for any help!