List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] Voyage synch dir question and hwclock/date problem
From:       Beat Meier <mbe_ml () swiss-wireless ! com ! ar>
Date:       2011-06-13 4:58:37

Hello

I've noticed that for example /etc/adjtime is now on read only fs.
In voyage 0.5 it was a link to /rw/...
My question: Why does not exist a general rw dir with sync back for
files like this.
I know the /lib/init/rw dir but this seems to be not synced back, or am
I wrong?

I know I can do that (and I have to do that for me) but I think this
should be done in the distro
of important files like this and /var/lib/urandom/random-seed etc.
BTW: I don't have installed adjtimex package! This file will be also
used by hwclock if written
back time to rtc...

On voyage-0.5 the date is right on voyage-0.7 my date is wrong (on wrap).
I have too 3h difference between hwclock and date as in voyage-05 (as my
timezone has 3h difference)
and have set UTC=no in /etc/default/rcS
BUT it's the other way round
example voyage-0.5 output wich is right:
hwclock: 20:08
date: 23:08

wrong output of voyage-05
hwlock:23.08
date:20:08

Is this a timezone problem?
I have initialized timezone with setup i.e.
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Jun 10 20:17 /etc/localtime ->
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Buenos_Aires

/etc/timezone has
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

Pretty strange for me ...

Greetings