List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] voyage v0.6.5 ceased IMQ kernel support
From:       Christoph Fritsche <chr.fr () gmx ! net>
Date:       2010-04-22 20:02:14

Hi list,

I am still rather new to voyage, nevertheless I have some debian knowledge
and can say voyage is a well done slimlined debian, you did a great job on this.

In recent voyage versions the kernel had IMQ support, used for ingress
traffic shaping and other sorts of QoS magic. Somehow v0.6.5 lacks this. Is
there a specific reason this was dropped?

config-2.6.30-voyage
-# CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_IMQ is not set
+CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_IMQ=m

I managed to build my own kernel but finally got stuck on building the
madwifi kernel modules. Madwifi-source does by an unknown reason not fit to
the kernel (lots of struct errors).

The nice and clean way around this (for me and the guy after) would be a
stock voyage kernel with IMQ support, one has not to tamper with.

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Christoph